There are many ways to connect with me. Choose the way that works best for you. The last line is the link to my calendar. Just go there, find a date and time that works for you (that is available) and it will put the appointment on my calendar. I t will always set it up as a Zoom meeting. IF I am in town (see below) and IF you want to meet in person, just say so in the comment area. And we will meet at the synagogue in my office instead of online. Or, if you have mobility challenges and would prefer for me to visit you in your home, I would be happy to do so. Please just add that information.
Second, here is my tentative calendar when I will be in Des Moines and at the Synagogue for the coming six months, through December 31.
- Thursday, July 15 through Wednesday, July 21
- Friday, August 13 through Sunday, August 15
- Wednesday, August 27 through Tuesday, September 7
- Friday, September 10 through Tuesday, September 21
- Monday, September 27 through Saturday, October 2
- Friday, October 8 through Sunday, October 17
- Friday, October 29 through Sunday, October 31
- Thursday, November 18 through Monday, November 22
- Friday, December 3 through Saturday, December 11
- Friday, December 17 through Saturday, December 18
If you have an emergency need and I am not scheduled to be in town, please call me AND call our Executive Director, David Muenchrath. We will work together to help in whatever ways we can.
And when I am in town, I would love to have coffee, lunch, dinner, or just a chance to meet.
Third, and finally, we wanted to give you our schedule for our Erev Shabbat services. As you see from my times in Des Moines, I won’t be present for all our Shabbat services. We have assembled “Tefillah Leaders”—lay leadership from the congregation who will lead Shabbat Services and provide vocal and musical accompaniment in my absence. When I am in town, I will lead services along with these talented vocalists and musicians.
The Tefillah Leaders will be a combination of Sally Frank or John Zieman with Ira Lacher or Tara Starr, Sam Miller on guitar and Chuck Kuba on bass (when available). I will lead with Ira Lacher or Tara Starr along with Sam Miller’s accompaniment when you see my name on the schedule.
- July 9: Teffilah Leaders
- July 16: Rabbi Nemitoff
- July 23: Teffilah Leaders
- July 30: Teffilah Leaders
- Aug. 6: Teffilah Leaders
- Aug. 13: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Aug. 20: Teffilah Leaders
- Aug. 27: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Sept. 3: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Sept. 10: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Sept. 17: Rabbi Nemitoff & Cantor Roochvarg
- Sept. 24: Teffilah Leaders
- Oct. 1: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Oct. 8: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Oct. 15: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Oct. 22: Teffilah Leaders
- Oct. 29: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Nov. 5: Teffilah Leaders
- Nov.12: Teffilah Leaders
- Nov.19: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Nov. 26: Teffilah Leaders
- Dec. 3: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Dec. 10: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Dec. 17: Rabbi Nemitoff
- Dec. 24: Teffilah Leaders
- Dec. 31: Teffilah Leaders
We are so grateful for our Teffilah Leaders and all their help this year. Please do what you can to attend Friday night Shabbat services to support their efforts.
I know this has been a long message. It is important to me to be transparent and open in all that we do this year. I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you in the weeks and months to come.